Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
Bulgarian officials have attributed Friday's accident at the Maglizh ammo factory to a breakdown, but have failed to make clear if it was human-made.
A man died and three others were wounded after an explosion at the plant which lies 200 km east of the capital Sofia.
Svetlozar Lazarov, the Interior Ministry's Chief Secretary, told reporters that authorities could not verify the information that workers at the factory had been busy developing a new product over the past days.
Lazarov added "no version" could be ruled out as to what had caused the blast.
This is the second similar incident in Bulgaria in just a few months. Early in October, an explosion at the Midzhur plant in Bulgaria's north-west razed the facility to the ground, killing fifteen people and wounded three others.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Bus Incident near Ruse - 10 people Injured
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020