Jonathan Allen to Become Director of National Security at UK Foreign Office
His Excellency Jonathan Allen, Ambassador of the United Kingdom to Bulgaria, who is to leave the country in January 2015, will assume the position Director for National Security at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
It is expected that his successor Emma Hopkins will assume the position in May 2015, as she is currently undergoing an intensive Bulgarian language training.
The incumbent Deputy Ambassador Sarah Riley is to assume the position of Charge d'Affaires of the British Embassy in Bulgaria in the period February-May next year.
Jonathan Allen arrived in Bulgaria in January 2012 with a three-year mandate, before that having served as Head of the East Africa and Great Lakes Department at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Sarah Riley became Deputy Ambassador of the UK to Bulgaria in September 2014, prior to that having served as First Secretary for the region of Russia, Eastern Europe, South Caucasus and central Asia in the UK representation in Brussels.
- » PM Borissov: Jordan is an Important Partner For Bulgaria in the Middle East Region
- » For the First Time, a Jordanian Foreign Minister is Arriving in Bulgaria
- » Iran-Bulgaria Business Forum Slated for Late-August
- » For the First time in 20 Years, the Israeli PM is Visiting Ukraine
- » Bulgaria's Largest Recipient of Development Assistance Is North Macedonia
- » Controversial Former Head of the Bulgarian Anti-corruption Commission Appointed Consul in Valencia