Ukraine Has No Interest in Restoring Its Nuclear Status – President
The Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko announced that he never had interest in restoring his country's status as nuclear power.
Poroshenko said in an interview for Australian television channel ABC that such a move will be “absolutely irresponsible”.
The Ukrainian President stated that the buildup of nuclear power, which was a technology of the 20th century, was not beneficial for ensuring security in the contemporary world of the 21st century.
Poroshenko told that in the present circumstances an aggressor could be defeated only through world unity.
The Ukrainian President reminded that his country had voluntarily renounced its nuclear weapons in return for the guarantee of its security by other countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 390 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Xi Jinping visits Moscow
- » Saudi Arabia's King invites the President of Iran to visit Riyadh
- » North Korea is Rehearsing Nuclear Strikes against the US and South Korea
- » Switzerland: Liquidity Aid for UBS and Credit Suisse “Not a Bailout”
- » By 2050: The Population in 61 countries, including Bulgaria, will Decrease
- » Day 389 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin visited occupied Mariupol