Westinghouse Advertises Project for Kozloduy NPP Unit 7 to Bulgarian MEPs
US-based Westinghouse Electric Company has presented a project for the expansion of the Kozloduy nuclear power plant to the Bulgarian representatives at the European Parliament and to EU policy specialists.
The main topics of the meeting were the advantages of the Westinghouse AP1000 technology and the plans for the construction of unit 7 of the Kozloduy NPP.
According to Yves Brachet, president of Westinghouse's Europe, Middle East and Africa unit, the project for the expansion of the Kozloduy NPP is a rare opportunity for Bulgaria to invest in cutting-edge technology.
“The project backs the policy of the Bulgarian government for developing a new nuclear program which will ensure energy security, independence, and financial stability through the use of a proven technology,” the company states, as cited by Sega daily.
The US-based company also claims that they will offer the lowest price of electricity compared to other alternatives.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tata Motors, Tata Power Inaugurate India's Largest Solar Carport in Pune
- » Bulgarian Power Industry Gears up for Green Technologies
- » IEA: Global CO2 Emissions Rise to Worrying Levels after Historic Decline in 2020
- » Clean Energy: Bulgaria between Two Difficult Choices
- » Bulgaria Ranks 8th in EU in Electricity Generated by NPP
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Provided Emergency Repair of the Oxygen Supply System at the Municipal Hospital in Galabovo