Parliament Passes State Budget 2015 At First Reading
By a vote of 130 for and 82 against, at an extraordinary session Bulgaria's MPs passed at first reading the State Budget for next year.
The MPs from the left-nationalists Ataka, the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and the ethnic Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) voted against.
After the voting DPS MP Yordan Tsonev noted that his group was against because the draft budget was “a copy-paste of the budget for this year”.
“The majority has no goals, besides the budget being easy to fulfill,” Tsonev said, quoted by Dnevnik.bg. “There is not even a hint of reforms. This is not a reformist budget.”
Shortly before the vote, Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev told the MP that there was no point in arguing whose budget is better and noted that the forecast economic growth is what expenditures permit.
During the deliberations, many MPs noted that the budget was too restrictive and conservative.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: National Plan for Absorption of Covid-19 Funding by End of 2020
- » Bulgaria Borrowed BGN 5 Billion from International Markets
- » The Rise of Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin Safety Measures
- » Bulgarian MPs Increase Minimum Unemployment Benefit
- » Android Versus iOS Apps: Which Is Better for Cryptocurrency Traders?
- » Bulgaria's Economy Minister: BGN 200 Million Distributed to Businesses and People in Anti-Crisis Measures