Court Dismisses Bulgaria C-Bank Deputy Governor
The Sofia City Court has ruled that Tsvetan Gounev, a Deputy Governor at the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB), is to vacate the office.
Gounev was charged with abuse of office in mid-June, days before the crisis at Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) began.
In September both the Sofia City Court and the Sofia Court of Appeals rejected a request that he be dismissed.
On November 25 (just a day after he had returned to work following a five-month leave) prosecutors also charged Gounev with breach of duty and demanded his dismissal for a second time, arguing he might hinder the investigation by remaining in office.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Ukrainian was Murdered in Saints Constantine and Helena (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: The Prosecutor's Office wants the Immunity of a GERB MP for "Fornicating with a Child"
- » Bulgaria: Police caught 10 Syrians on Trakia Highway - Two Women were Detained
- » Bulgarian Police detained 43 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder