Velizar Enchev Quits Nationalist Coalition Patriotic Front
Velizar Enchev is leaving the parliamentary group of nationalist formation the Patriotic Front.
In a Sunday interview for Nova TV, he made clear that he was leaving the party due to the massive fraud that was being committed by its leadership.
Enchev’s decision to quit the Patriotic Front leaves it with a total of 18 MPs in Parliament, according to reports of Sega daily.
Enchev announced Sunday that there were no discussions within the formation but its members were simply following the orders of Valeri Simeonov, Co-Chair of the Patriotic Front and leader of the National Front for the Salvation of Bulgaria (NFSB).
He expressed indignation at a number of controversial appointments of heads of parliamentary committees and underscored that NFSB, one of the parties included in the Patriotic Front, had failed to inform its supporters during the election campaign that it was going to join a coalition with center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) and right-wing formation the Reformist Bloc.
Enchev argued that the ideological platforms of GERB and the Reformist Bloc had nothing to do with the ideas and program of NFSB, adding that the Patriotic Front had been involved with entities which were incompatible with the coalition.
He also voiced concern over the fixation on the ethnic belonging of opponents of NFSB, adding that it undermined the democratic profile of the party and gave reason for accusations of xenophobia.
NFSB is to hold a congress in a week’s time, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
NFSB leader Valeri Simeonov said that he was glad that Enchev had decided to leave the parliamentary group of the Patriotic Front and underscored that he would also be excluded from NFSB.
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe
- » Restoration of the Viaduct of Struma Motorway Will Cost BGN 1.86 million