Minor Earthquake Rocks South Western Bulgaria
A minor earthquake measuring 2.6 on the Richter scale was registered on Saturday morning near the town of Kresna, south western Bulgaria, reported the Geophysics institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The area lies above one of the main faults on Bulgarian territory and minor earthquakes are a frequent occurence.
The epicentre was at a depth of 16.1 km.
No damages were reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 5.1 Magnitude Earthquake Struck Turkey's Central Nigde Province
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Week, Autumn is Coming
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Temperatures Up to 29 °
- » Nature Astronomy: Possible Marker of Life Spotted on Venus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Week Starts with Summer and Ends with Autumn Temperatures
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Hot Weekend, Temperatures Up to 32 °