Bulgaria Has Not Received Request for Deployment of NATO Tanks
Bulgaria’s Defense Ministry and Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry have not received an official request for stationing tank bases on the territory of the country, according to Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev.
Commenting on allegations of plans to station tank bases in Bulgaria for NATO military trainings, Nenchev assured journalists Wednesday that there was no cause for concern.
Asked whether Bulgaria had the right to reject such a request, he said that Bulgaria had agreed on the organization of joint initiatives, adding that the country observed the agreement.
The allegations were triggered by a statement of Lieutenant General Ben Hodges, head of US Army forces in Europe, who declared that the US army planned to deploy around 150 tanks and armored vehicles to several NATO countries next year as part of an operation dubbed "Operation Atlantic Resolve".
Hodges told AFP that some of the heavy armor could be stationed in Eastern Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Von der Leyen: The Strengthening of the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a priority against Migration
- » Bulgaria’s President: When we Sell Weapons to Other Countries, We will Set Conditions so that they don’t Reach Ukraine
- » Asylum Applicants in 2022 Increase by 64% in EU, by 86% in Bulgaria
- » The Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Intensifies: 1.6 times Increase in the Number of People Caught
- » The EU will allocate 600 Million Euros to Strengthen Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » NATO: The Majority of Bulgarians support an Increase in Defense Spending