Bulgaria to Receive EUR 25 M in Kozloduy NPP Decommissioning Aid in 2015
In 2015, Bulgaria will receive EUR 25 M in decommissioning aid for the Kozloduy nuclear power plant.
The funding is provided by the Assembly of Donors of the Kozloduy International Fund (KIDSF) to the State Enterprise Radioactive Waste SE (SERAW), which is in charge of the the Kozloduy NPP Units 1-4 Decommissioning Program.
Two main projects will be financed by the KIDSF next year, including one involving the the physical separation of the infrastructure of the small units of the Kozloduy NPP from its functioning units 5 and 6, as well as one involving the rehabilitation of a 13km road between the town of Kozloduy and the village of Harletz, according to a media statement of SERAW.
The grant agreements with the KIDSF, which is administered by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), are to be signed in the beginning of 2015.
SERAW also announces that it has been informed by the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency that it will be issued decommissioning permits for units 1 and 2 of the Kozloduy NPP.
SERAW experts have presented to the KIDSF projects which will need financing over the next 6-month period, with the KIDSF expected to decide on them in the summer of 2015.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Analysis: Energy Policy in Bulgaria – Too Much Of Everything
- » PM Boyko Borissov: EC Must Find a Plan for Countries with Coal Dominated Energy Industries
- » Bulgaria's PM: We Will Construct Unit 7 of Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant with American Reactor
- » Low Carbon Voltage
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding: BGN 50 Million Loan for Mini Maritsa Iztok
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Arrives in Athenes Where Will Be Signed the Contract for Gas Terminal Near Alexandroupolis