Sofia Gets EUR 400 M For Metro Extension
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will get EUR 400 M from the EU Operational Programme Transport and Transport Infrastructure 2014-2020 for the extension of the metro lines, said Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski, quoted by the ministry press office.
Currently the two lines – red and blue are being extended. The red line to the Sofia airport is 82% complete and to the Business park in Mladost 4 district – around 70%. The blue line is also being expanded.
According to Moskovski, the transport projects for EUR 673 M under the new programme were ready and will be sent to Brussels for approval shortly.
They include road and railway projects, intermodal terminals, traffic management and transport safety improvement systems.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria may lose 1.4 Billion Leva if the Territorial Plans for the Coal Plants are not ready
- » American Companies - in fourth place among Investors in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom