Stanimir Florov Nominated to Head Automobile Administration Executive Agency
Stanimir Florov, former head of the Interior Ministry’s Chief Directorate "Combating Organized Crime" (GDBOP), has been nominated for the post of Director of the Automobile Administration Executive Agency (AAEA).
Florov’s nomination was submitted to the Council of Ministers by Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski, who explained that Florov had the capacity to curb ongoing corrupt practices at the entity.
The Director of the AAEA is appointed by the Prime Minister, according to reports of Nova TV.
Florov was head of the “Drugs” unit of GDBOP in 2006 and in January 2009 he became director of the unit.
At that time, he was also deputy of the Chief Secretary of the Interior, Kalin Georgiev.
In 2013, he was dismissed from the post of Director of GDBOP and the authorities launched pre-trial proceedings against him.
Florov is being investigated for receiving a big bribe but he has not been indicted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend
- » Bulgaria: Head of State Agency for Wiretapping Replaced by President Radev