Truck Drivers Face Queues at Kapitan Andreevo, Lesovo Border Crossing Points
A 5km queue of TIR trucks has accumulated at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point, with twice as many TIR trucks waiting at the Lesovo border crossing point.
Bulgaria’s Customs Agency has explained the queues with the detailed inspection of documents after last week’s special police operation against an organized crime group involved in bribery at the Lesovo border crossing point.
Due to the long wait times at the Lesovo border crossing point, trucks have headed for the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point where the customs officials are working at full capacity, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Todor Karaivanov, Director of the Svilengrad Customs Office, explained that both the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point and the Lesovo border crossing point were working at full capacity.
Karaivanov pointed out that a record number of TIR trucks had been processed overnight at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point, or 800 trucks in both directions.
He said that the situation was expected to return to normal in 24 hours and the queues were to be cleared.
Car traffic at the two border crossing points is normal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Cyrillic Initiative Launches
- » The Council of Europe called on Bulgaria to Better Protect Victims of Domestic Violence
- » A Car with Ukrainian Registration was Set on Fire in Varna
- » The Average Life Expectancy of Bulgarians is Decreasing
- » A Dead Newborn wrapped in a Plastic Bag was found in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 262 New Cases in the Last 24 hours