Damaged Section of Road to Bulgaria’s Bansko to Be Repaired by end-November
The damaged section of the road to the mountain resort of Bansko will be repaired by end-November and the two-way traffic will be restored, according to Bulgaria’s caretaker Regional Development Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva.
On October 24, the supporting wall collapsed after a period of heavy rain, causing a 30-meter section of the right lane around the village of Gradevo to fall into the Gradevska River.
Since then, only one lane of the road has been open to traffic.
Bulgaria’s caretaker government allocated on Wednesday BGN 950 000 to making the road safe.
The secondary road is the only transport link of the municipalities of Razlog, Bansko, Dobrinishte, Belitsa, and Gotse Delchev to the city of Blagoevgrad, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
It is also the most direct and convenient connection of northern, northwestern, and western Bulgaria to the mountain resorts in the Pirin Mountain.
The contractor for the road repair project is Blagoevgrad-based company Agromah, which is in charge of road maintenance in the region.
The contractor has assured that the repairs will be completed by end-November at the latest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate
- » President Radev Awards Madara Horseman Order 1st Degree to Ambassador of the Netherlands to Bulgaria