Damaged Section of Road to Bulgaria’s Bansko to Be Repaired by end-November
The damaged section of the road to the mountain resort of Bansko will be repaired by end-November and the two-way traffic will be restored, according to Bulgaria’s caretaker Regional Development Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva.
On October 24, the supporting wall collapsed after a period of heavy rain, causing a 30-meter section of the right lane around the village of Gradevo to fall into the Gradevska River.
Since then, only one lane of the road has been open to traffic.
Bulgaria’s caretaker government allocated on Wednesday BGN 950 000 to making the road safe.
The secondary road is the only transport link of the municipalities of Razlog, Bansko, Dobrinishte, Belitsa, and Gotse Delchev to the city of Blagoevgrad, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
It is also the most direct and convenient connection of northern, northwestern, and western Bulgaria to the mountain resorts in the Pirin Mountain.
The contractor for the road repair project is Blagoevgrad-based company Agromah, which is in charge of road maintenance in the region.
The contractor has assured that the repairs will be completed by end-November at the latest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend