The Last Battle Of The King
The Last Battle Of the King historical reenactment event will take place on November 8 in the Asparuhov park in Bulgaria's coast city of Varna.
It celebrates 570 years from the battle of Varna, which took place on November 10, 1444: an epic battle between the crusaders' army, led by the Polish-Hungarian king Vladislav III Yagelo (Varnenchik) who died in the battle and the army of the Turkish sultan Murad II.
The Ottoman Army under Sultan Murad II defeated the Hungarian-Polish and Wallachian armies commanded by Vladislav III of Poland (also King of Hungary), John Hunyadi (acting as commander of the combined Christian forces) and Mircea II of Wallachia. It was the final battle of the Crusade of Varna
The defeat also set the stage for the fall of Constantinople in 1453.
The reenactment of the battle is organized and performed by Bulgaria's "Chigot" medieval reenactment society
with the participation of reenactment groups from the country and abroad.
The battle starts at 4 PM. Entry is free.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Istanbul Convention - Symbol of Cultural Division of Europe
- » Violin Virtuoso Gidon Kremer to Present Two Programs in Sofia Bulgaria Hall
- » Bulgaria Marks 200 Years from the Birth of Great Bulgarian Revolutionary Georgi Rakovski
- » Muslims’ Holy Month of Ramadan Starts Tonight
- » Hollywood Star Liam Neeson to Shoot New Film in Bulgaria
- » Maria Bakalova on Forbes List 30 Under 30