Sofia City Hall To Rent Out City Bicycles From 2015
Sofia city hall is implementing a project for offering bicycles for rent from 2015, reports Pressa daily.
According to the city councillor Zafir Zarkov, the 280 bicycles will be placed at 28 key locations across the city. They have already been determined by the Chief Architect Petar Dikov.
By the end of 2014 the City Hall will announce an international public tender procedure for the project.
According to Zarkov, the rented bike could be returned at either of the 28 city bike stands. The availability of bikes at the various locations will be monitored via GPS and the numbers will be replenished in timely manner. The bikes themselves will be fitted with a GPS system against theft.
“We want the rent to be low – something around BGN 15-20 per day,” Zarkov said.
Currently a private company is offering bikes for BGN 25 per day.
Meanwhile, the municipality is planning the construction of four new bike paths across the city. They will be along the boulevards Vuzkresenie, Konstantin Velichkov, Patriarch Evtimii, Skobelev, Vitosha and Rakovski street.
The only other Bulgarian city, offering bikes for rent is Burgas – since 2012.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was Wrapped
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 238 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia