President Plevneliev to Meet PF, BDC Representative for Gov't Talks
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev is set to meet officials from nationalist Patriotic Front and from Bulgarian Democratic Center as government consultations continue on Monday.
Bulgarian Democratic Center (BDC) is the parliamentary group of a coalition led by MEP Nikolay Barekov's party Bulgaria without Censorship which came sixth in the October 5 early elections.
Barekov is going to represent BDC personally and is to meet the President at 10:30 EET (08:30 GMT) at the Presidency in Sofia.
Under Bulgaria's Constitution, presidential consultations with all parties that made it into Parliament are a prerequisite for handing to a Prime Minister candidate from the biggest party the mandate to form a government.
In this particular case talks have been extended since Plevneliev has taken into consideration the demand of all political parties, which he met at the Presidency on October 15, to have separate talks with each of them.
Plevneliev's consultations began Friday with a meeting with left-wing Alternative for Bulgarian Revival (ABV), the party which had the last result in October's poll.
The seventh party, ultra-nationalist Ataka, refused to attend, describing the talks as "a PR trick" of the President.
Consultations are to end Wednesday and Plevneliev is then expected to hand the government mandate to GERB, the party which won most seats in the elections.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend