Funding For Road Maintenance Siphoned Off For Other Projects
The funding for winter maintenance of Bulgaria's roads has been siphoned off for projects of the “Oresharski” government, said caretaker Regional Development Minister Ektaterina Zaharieva, quoted by the Sega daily.
“The money was spent on investment projects, programmes of the “Oresharski” government and third-class roads,” she said. “Spending of the winter maintenance money for something else, be it a very good project, is unacceptable, in my opinion. You know that we have a limited budget and 88% of it was spent before the middle of June this year.”
The lack of funding for winter maintenance of the roads means that the potholes will not be filled, traffic barriers will not be reinforced, etc. According to Zaharieva the sums for snow and ice cleaning were also missing, but the roads will be cleaned nevertheless. “The state will pay the companies next year,” she said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year