Bulgarians' Trips Abroad Rise By Almost 10% In September
Bulgarians' trips abroad increased by 9.7% in September, year-on-year, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The total number of foreign trips was 407 000.
Most significant rise was posted by trips to Greece – 19.6%, Turkey – 17.7%, Italy – 17.1%, Germany – 13.6%, Spain – 13.2%, the UK – 12.1%, Serbia – 7.8% and Macedonia – 7.7%.
The number of trips to the Czech Republic, Romania and Russia decreased by 16.8%, 11.5% and 5.6%, respectively.
The largest relative share of trips remain those for visiting friends and relatives, education, cultural and sports events – 41.6%, followed by vacations – 33.7% and business trips – 24.7%.
Compared to September 2013, the business trips and the vacations post an increase by 41.5% and 30.2%, respectively.
In September the foreigners who visited Bulgaria were 1.108 M, or by 0.5% less than in September 2013.
The EU citizens constituted 64% of all foreign tourists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » No More Mandatory Masks on Airports and Planes in Europe
- » Bulgaria Air's Direct Scheduled Flights from Sofia to Crete will Start on May 22
- » No more Flights between Bulgaria and North Macedonia in the Near Future
- » We can enter Greece without a COVID Certificate from May 1
- » The Train from Istanbul to Sofia is Restored from Today
- » The US has revoked the Recommendation not to Travel to Bulgaria