Over 100 People Residing in Bulgaria Illegally Arrested in Special Operation
A special police operation against persons residing in Bulgaria without authorisation is underway on the territory of the country.
The operation was ordered by Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov and caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov, according to reports of the Interior Ministry.
The operation involves all district prosecutor’s offices and district police departments, the Migration Directorate of the Interior Ministry, as well as special police forces.
The authorities are checking sites believed to accommodate persons residing in Bulgaria without authorisation, including hostels, hotels, etc.
According to data of the Sofia City Prosecutor’s Office, a total of 531 people have been checked, with 107 people without documents or authorization to stay in Bulgaria arrested so far on Sofia territory.
The authorities also found three Bulgarian nationals who had been wanted by the police.
On a national scale, the authorities inspected a total of 1035 sites and 2742 people and arrested 113 people by 11 am.
The operation started at 6.30 am and is still underway.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 311 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Windy today as well
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Jump in Cases - 445 in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours