Bulgaria's Plovdiv Among Lonely Planet's Best Travel Destinations 2015
Bulgarian city of Plovdiv has been ranked 6th in a list of the hottest destinations in the world to visit in 2015 which have been announced by travel publisher Lonely Planet.
The company's Best in Travel 2015 defines the regions, cities, countries and best-value destinations to visit next year.
“One of Europe’s most beautiful Old Towns, a backdrop of the Rhodope Mountains, historical treasures, smouldering nightlife. There’s a wealth of reasons to explore Plovdiv, but recent decades have polished Bulgaria’s second city. Its remarkable ruins (including a Roman theatre in the centre of the shopping precinct) were slowly excavated throughout the 1970s and ’80s. And throughout the 2000s, heritage buildings left to gather dust have been lovingly restored into museums, restaurants and hotels,” the description of Bulgaria's southern city of Ploviv reads.
Washington DC has been voted as the number one city to visit in 2015, followed by El Chalt?n, Argentina, Milan, Italy, Zermatt, Switzerland, Valletta, Malta, Plovdiv, Bulgaria, Salisbury, UK, Vienna, Austria, Chennai, India and Toronto, Canada.
Plovdiv is Bulgaria's choice to become European Capital of Culture 2019. The city is to receive a total of BGN 20 million to implement the program with which it won the competition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Ministry is launching a large-scale Advertising Campaign to Attract Tourists
- » Ryanair: The era of €10 Flights is Over
- » Wizz Air Provides 100,000 Free Tickets to Support Ukrainian Citizens
- » Bulgaria's Seaside: When the Russians are Gone
- » Minister of Tourism: Over 50,000 Russians have Visited Bulgaria by the End of June
- » Bulgaria: Book Bus Tickets In Advance for the Southern Black Sea Coast