Russia to Ban Import of Animal Fat, Meat Byproducts from EU
Russia will impose a temporary ban on imports of animal fat and meat byproduct from the European Union.
According to a media statement of Russia’s veterinary service Rosselkhoznadzor, the ban takes effect on October 21.
The measure is explained with the presence of harmful substances detected in such products, according to ITAR-TASS.
On August 7, Russia introduced a ban on the import of food products from the United States, the European Union, Canada, Australia and Norway.
The ban on imports of meat, fish, dairy products, fruit and vegetables was introduced in response to Western sanctions imposed on Russia over the crisis in Ukraine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia Closed the only Road to Georgia
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine
- » The Number of Russian Soldiers Killed and Wounded is approaching 180,000, according to a Norwegian General
- » Russia on Petkov: The Emphasis is Not on the Weapons, but on the Fact that He initiated the Exclusion from SWIFT
- » Medvedev: If a Nuclear Power Loses a War, it can Trigger a Nuclear Conflict
- » Russian Politician demanded the Assassination of the German Foreign Minister