EC Approves Project for Upgrade of Fire Services in Bulgaria
The European Commission has approved a project for the upgrade of fire fighting services under Operational Program Regional Development 2007-2013.
The project, titled “Modernization of Fire Services on the territory of 86 urban agglomeration areas through the supply of fire fighting vehicles and equipment”, is to be implemented with a grant of EUR 51 M, including 85% of co-financing under the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), and 15% of national co-financing, according to the press office of the Regional Development Ministry.
The project is financed under the scheme "Support for reduction and prevention of risks and damages caused by fire in urban agglomeration areas" with the Interior Ministry as the beneficiary.
The project is to help regional fire departments reduce response time, time for arriving at the scene of the incident, and direct damages.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria