Exhibition Of Photos From Private Albums To Mark 100-th Anniversary Of WWI In Sofia
The National Art Gallery will commemorate the 100-th anniversary of the beginning of World War I with a photo exhibition.
“The World War I – 100 Years” exhibition will open on October 23 in the Art Gallery of Sofia's National Palace of Culture (NDK) and will show images from the daily lives of Bulgarian soldiers at the front lines in Macedonia and Northern Greece between 1915 and 1918.
The photos are from three family albums of Bulgarian officers from the infantry, the cavalry and the headquarters. They haven't been shown to the public before.
The 45 images were selected by the renowned Bulgarian photographer Ivo Hadzhimishev and have a significant historical value.
The exhibition will run till November 25.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 175 Years Since the Birth of Bulgarian Revolutionary and Poet Hristo Botev
- » The 5 Top Christmas Traditions in Bulgaria
- » A Monument to the Lawyers-Saviors of the Bulgarian Jews will be erected in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Book Fair in Sofia
- » Wisdom from a Bulgarian Philosopher: By Wearing your Old Clothes, Things won't Work Out
- » Interesting Ways That Bulgaria Is Contributing to the Global Entertainment Industry