GERB, Reformist Bloc Fail To Agree On Government
After more than six hours of consultations, the centre-right GERB and the coalition Reformist Bloc (RB) failed to agree on forming a government.
Tsetska Tsacheva told journalists at a briefing in Parliament on Wednesday that it was impossible to form a government only by GERB and the RB. Rumyana Bachvarova, member of the GERB executive committee said they were not sure if they could count on the RB for support.
“Of course we got many answers, but, unfortunately, didn't get the answer to the most important question - how would we form a stable government, without being clear on how reliable partner the Reformist Block can be,” Tsacheva said.
Both Bachvarova and Tsacheva said GERB insists on the signing of a coalition agreement and on Boyko Borisov being a prime minister. Bachvarova dismissed any options for further negotiations with the RB at the time being.
Petar Moskov of the RB said the coalition was willing to continue the negotiations with GERB and make compromises on some matters.
“We are ready for a constructive conversation,” Moskov said. “From our point of view, there are all opportunities for achieving good results in forming a government. On our part we are ready and willing by the end of this week to give proof and dispel GERB's doubts on our reliability.”
- » Former Trump Advisor will Unite European Populists
- » Political Analyst: BSP’s Vision for Bulgaria Project is a Good Move
- » Aleksandar Vucic: Serbia has Surpassed Bulgaria and has Better Standard of Living
- » Sofia's Electronic Ticket System in Public Transport will Cost over BGN 73 Million
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
Optimistic openly supports treason in our country - a coalition between the fascists GERB and the democratically elected BSP government. When comrade Stanishev seizes power, scum like Optimistic will be publicly denounced and put on show trial for the whole population to see.
GERB cant agree with anyone maybe GERB as a party should dissolve and disappear as they are a wate of time.
When in government they resigned in 2013 the cowards and when in opposition they did nothing.
Time for a Socialist, Turk and Nationalist coalition.