Bulgaria to Provide Humanitarian Aid to Gaza Strip
Bulgaria's government will allocate BGN 97,800 humanitarian aid to alleviate the severe socioeconomic and humanitarian situation in Gaza, the government's press center has announced.
The funds will be granted to the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees, which has extensive experience in humanitarian affairs.
The humanitarian aid reflects Bulgaria's balanced policy in the Middle East aiming to find a lasting solution to the conflict in the region on the principle of two independent states - Israel and Palestine living side by side in peace and security, the statement on the government's website reads.
With this step Bulgaria contributes to the joint efforts of the European Union, the Arab states and the international community as a whole to improve the living conditions in Gaza and to achieve stability and economic development in the region.
The funds will be provided at the expense of the official development assistance stipulated in the central budget.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: What are the Versions about the Explosion at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory
- » Bulgaria: More Free Wi-Fi Zones in Sofia’s Parks
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Nearly 1,000 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Why Emigrating to Ireland from Elsewhere in the EU makes sense
- » The Court in Strasbourg: Bulgaria to Pay 109,000 Euros to the Roma expelled from Vojvodinovo
- » Bulgaria: Possibility of Secondary Explosion at “Arsenal” Weapons Factory, 2 Women are still Missing