Turkey to Introduce Paid Disinfection System at Bulgaria’s Checkpoints
Turkish border authorities will introduce a disinfection system for vehicles at the border crossings with Bulgaria - Kapitan Andreevo, Kapikule, Hamzabeyli / Lesovo and Derekoy / Malko Tarnovo.
Vehicles entering Turkey from Bulgaria will pass through a special system for disinfecting, the governor of the border town of Edirne, Dursun Ali Sahin, announced at a press conference.
Sahin explained that currently the system is being installed and it will start operating in the coming days. A sanitary fee of TRY 5 (approximately EUR 1.5) is to be paid at the Turkish border for passenger cars and TRY 15 for trucks, money.bg reports.
According to the Turkish authorities, the introduction of the system is a precaution against the bluetongue disease in Bulgaria.
The disinfection system will be implemented at the border crossings with Greece, as well.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Average Salary in Bulgaria is BGN 1,730 (EUR 884) in the Second Quarter of 2022
- » Mayor Fandakova: The Heating Season for Sofia Residents will be Ensured
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Ministry is launching a large-scale Advertising Campaign to Attract Tourists
- » Germany to Reduce Heating in Public Buildings to 19 Degrees
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: On October 1, Gas will flow through the Interconnector from Greece
- » Bulgaria's Energy Commission Confirmed the Rise of Natural Gas Prices by 60%