Bulgaria To Choose New Fighter Planes Within 6 Months
Bulgaria must choose new fighter planes for its air force in the next six months, caretaker Defence Minister Velizar Shalamanov said during an international conference at Sofia's Defence Academy.
The country can choose among three offers – new Gripen fighters, used Eurofighter from Italy or used F16 from Portugal – and according to Shalamanov nothing is predetermined.
“The important decisions must be taken step by step in full and clear responsibility,” Shalamanov said and added that Bulgaria's air force will be in much better condition than the current, if it can get 8-10 multi purpose fighter jets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Spanish Frigate Blas de Leso Sails to the Black Sea
- » NATO has rejected Russia's Request to Withdraw Troops from Bulgaria and Romania
- » The Netherlands will Send two F-35 Fighters to Bulgaria
- » Ministry of Defense: Bulgaria is a Sovereign State that Decides its Domestic and Foreign Policy
- » Spain has sent Warships to the Black Sea and is Preparing Fighter Jets for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 5,216 Retired Soldiers Work in the Army