Bulgarian Animated Short Film Wins Prize In Hollywood
The Bulgarian animated short film “The Day Of The Bleeding Gums” won a prize for best animation and the Hollywood Weekly film festival in Los Angeles.
The film is directed by Dimitar Dimitrov – Animiter and tells the story of a day in the life of a painter. The script is by Dilian Elenkov.
Recently it won a the prize of the Union of Bulgarian Film Makers at the International Animated Film Festival in Varna.
“I drew the entire film on a smartphone,” Dimitrov tells Vesti.bg. “I decided to mock the entire world film industry with something of value, drawn on a phone. I wanted to show that one can make a good product without any pretence. Without hiring of people and equipment, without trying to draw the public attention, just to sit somewhere and create something. And then you release it to the world and watch the reactions.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » First Bulgarian Author Nominated for the “Booker” Award!
- » The Dobruja Pie (Banitsa) became a Protected Product not of Bulgaria, but of Romania
- » Today marks 80 years since the Rescue of the Bulgarian Jews
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Saint Theodore’s Day (Horse Easter)
- » Bulgarian Historian: Our Freedom was not Gifted to us
- » March 3rd 1918: Russia Capitulated to Bulgaria?