'Golden Rose' Film Festival Starts In Varna On Oct. 11
The 32-nd edition of the “Golden Rose” Bulgarian feature film festival starts in Varna on October 11.
It is organised by the National Film Centre and will consist of two competitions – for feature and for short film.
The feature film competition will include 15 new Bulgarian films, shot since the previous edition of the festival in the autumn of 2012. Six of them are independent productions. Four have participated at the film festivals in Cannes, Venice, Toronto, Warsaw, Rotterdam, etc.
The short film selection consists of 19 productions.
Seven films will be shown to the audience for the first time at the "Golden Rose" festival and nine are debuts.
The festival program will also include screenings of classical Bulgarian films, exhibitions, round tables and presentations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians honor All Souls' Day
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Bulgarian Alphabet, Literature and Culture
- » Bulgarian Author Georgi Gospodinov Won the "Booker" Prize for "Time Shelter”
- » Bulgaria: Over 100 Publishing Houses will Participate in the Spring Book Fair in Sofia