Chief Prosecutor to Personally Investigate Gorni Lom Ammo Plant Blast
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov has said he is personally committed to the probe into the explosions that razed the Midzhur factory with 14 to 15 people feared dead.
Tsatsarov also denies previous information that the prosecuting authority has granted rescuers access to the site of the incident, his spokesperson told Focus News Agency.
A specially equipped team is already working on the ground despite the fact that the 24-hour period before the last explosion (21:00 EEST/19:00 GMT) is not yet over, caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov has said.
In Bakalov's words, the team is only authorized to clear the way for investigators to enter after the period by inspecting for ammunition that did not go off and remained intact during the blasts, thus carrying more risks.
The minister has reiterated chances that anybody is alive are very slim.
It is so far unclear how many people are trapped inside, but authorities have said there are no signs of life at the plant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020
- » The Story of a 36-day Piece of News through the Eyes of Reporters - the Saga "Vera Su"