NATO Air Combat Drill Begins in Slovakia
Alliance forces have started air combat exercises MACE XVI in Slovakia with 14 member states participating, the country's Defense Minister says.
As many as 660 personnel is expected to attend, and two non-NATO countries of the Partnership for Peace
program have also joined, Martina Belkovska was quoted by the Global Post as saying.
The aim is to train methods of overcoming anti-air defences by the use of tactical aircraft in conditions of radio-electronic interference and to practice air combat in fighters.
The full list of vehicles includes Slovakia's MiG-29 fighters, F-16 jets from Belgium, Denmark and Norway, Norwegian DA-20 Falcons, Germany's Learjet 40s, French Rafales, Swedish Gripens, American EA 18Gs, Danish C 130Js and Spanish Typhoons.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EU will allocate 600 Million Euros to Strengthen Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » NATO: The Majority of Bulgarians support an Increase in Defense Spending
- » Bulgaria supports the EU Delivery of 1 Million Projectiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defense: We will Categorically Not Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Spokesman of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry : We encourage Bulgaria to give us their MiG-29s
- » A Second Bulgarian Pilot completed the F-16 Basic Course