Israel Claims to Have Shot Down Syrian Aircraft
World | September 23, 2014, Tuesday // 11:04
Photo by EPA/BGNES
The Israeli Defense Force (IDF) says in a statement it downed a Syrian jet in mid-flight.
The vehicle had "infiltrated into Israeli airspace" as it was detected over Quneitra near Israeli border, the statement quoted by the Jerusalem Post suggests.
Debris reportedly fell in the Syrian part of the Golan Heights.
The Syrian jet "was a Russian-made Sukhoi," according to a military spokesman.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 466 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 20 Injured after Russian Attack in Dnipro
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen
- » Day 465 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Ready to start its Counteroffensive says Zelensky
- » At least 280 Dead and over 900 Injured in a Crash between Two Trains in India
- » Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo