Elenko Bozhkov: 10% Power Price Hike is Unjustified
A leading Bulgarian energy expert has disputed the need to raise power prices by as much as 10%, claiming that rate of increase only served the interests of power distributors.
Bulgaria’s energy regulator DKEVR on Friday proposed to raise power prices for households by 9.79% on average as of October 1 to help cut the financial deficit in the energy sector.
“Only a rise of up to 7.5% would have been justified, the remaining increase of 2.5% has been designed to justify fictitious expenses by the power distributing companies,” Bozhkov opined.
“I guess the rate of increase could have been contained within 5.5%-6.0%”, said Bozhkov, a former DKEVR member, who was dismissed earlier this month by the caretaker government over what the cabinet described as “conflict of interest”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europe Is Sleepwalking Into Another World War
- » Natural Gas without Hysteria
- » Racist Double-Standards persist at EU/Ukraine Borders and Beyond
- » Putin at the ICC - The Jurisdictional Issues
- » Washington is Not Entirely Innocent of This Chaos
- » Staging US Troops in Bulgaria is Unnecessary and a Liability