Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt OKs Financial Corrections of BGN 152 M under OP Environment
Bulgaria’s caretaker government has approved financial corrections worth BGN 152 M under operational program “Environment.”
In a bid to achieve the unblocking of frozen payments under operational program “Environment”, Bulgaria’s caretaker government approved the proposal of the European Commission for financial corrections amounting to BGN 152 916 261, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The financial corrections amount to 9.5% of the value of contracts included in the batch of 239 contracts which were examined.
The sum was calculated on the basis of the results of the work of the Managing Authority, the Certifying Authority and the EC.
The financial corrections are to be paid in 2014 and the following years.
The EC froze payments to Bulgaria under operational program “Environment” in November 2013 due to public procurement irregularities in the period 2010-2013.
Apart from losses of EU funding under operational program “Environment”, Bulgaria also faces EU funds losses under operational program “Regional Development.”
In April 2014, the EC froze payments to Bulgaria under two axes of the program concerning development of tourism and civil infrastructure. The move was explained yet again with flawed public procurement procedures.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU: A Ruble Account with Gazprombank Violates the Sanctions
- » EC: Bulgaria should Reduce its overall Dependence on Fossil Fuels and their Imports
- » 30% of all Liquefied Gas supplies to Greece are for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: Gas Stations are Using the Moment to Make more Profit
- » Italy and Germany have allowed use of Accounts in Rubles for Russian Gas
- » Russia Cuts Off Finland's Gas on Saturday