Fresh Threats Directed at KTB's Vasilev, His Lawyer Says
Fresh threats have been levelled against Tsvetan Vasilev, majority owner of Bulgaria’s troubled Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), his lawyer Konstantin Simeonov said on Wednesday.
“He has received signals about an existing order for his elimination,” Simeonov told Sofia-based Nova TV, making clear such threats had been directed at Vasilev from the very beginning of the KTB crisis but there were also more recent ones. He didn’t elaborate.
Konstantinov also said that the procedure for Vasilev’s extradition sought by Bulgarian prosecutors over embezzlement charges was unfolding normally.
On Tuesday, Konstantinov said Vasilev had sought contact with police in Belgrade to present himself to Serbian authorities and certify his whereabouts as well as to find out whether police had any questions to ask him.
“The charge of siphoning off BGN 206 M [from KTB by Vasilev] is an absurd one,“ Konstantinov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Skopje will Receive the Remains of its Citizens that Died in the Bus Crash on Struma Highway
- » EU Health Regulator is Launching a Review of a New Vaccine against COVID-19
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increase in Clouds and Rain in the Afternoon. Temperatures: 10°C and 15°C
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Fewer New Cases but More Deaths in the Last 24h.
- » 2 days, 3 tests, 3 results: Patients alert for Drastic Discrepancies in Antibody Testing
- » Facebook Removed more than 500 Accounts related to Misinformation on the origins of COVID-19