EU Parliament, Ukraine's Rada Adopt Association Agreement at Once
The European Parliament has given the green light to an Association Agreement with Ukraine setting up a free trade area after 2016.
While the agreement was being debated in Strasbourg, lawmakers in Ukraine also held discussions on the document, with both institutions having planned to pass it simultaneously.
A video link between Strasbourg and Kiev will ensure that MPs and MEPs act together on the issue.
Until 2016, when the AA (if approved) will enter into force, a preferential trade regime will be introduced helping Ukraine's economy back on its feet.
The implementation was put off for more than a year at the request of Moscow, which has urged both Ukraine and the EU to ensure stabilization in the Donbass before the free trade regime is applied.
- » PM Borisov Proposes Closing all Borders in the EU
- » Academic from the United States Suggests Tsipras and Zaev for Nobel for Peace
- » 30 Foreigners Detained in Turkey in an Operation against Islamic State
- » Dozens of Taliban, Afghan Forces Killed while Celebrating Eid Truce
- » Fight against Human Trafficking in Libya: EU Sanctions Six Human Traffickers and Smugglers in line with UN Decision
- » India Faces Worst ever Water Crisis
The Kiev government will not survive to see this agreement happen.
Their army has deserted and are trying to rebuild it by conscription.
They are introducing lie dector tests on 1 million public servants to see if they are loyal to the new regime. This means they trust no one.
Last week the EU made it clear that they only want new members who will bring prosperity to the EU.
The mess in Kiev will not do that so if anyone in the Ukraine believes that they are goining to join the EU you are complete idiots maybe the cold this winter will make you deal with practical issues.
Kiev are fucked, this EU deal doesnt start until 2016 and the Right Sector Facists are starting their protests again, this time they have arms and war experience.
Kiev has no money, no army, no gas and Facists who think the government are traitors.
Another EU NATO US mess.