Migrant Remittances to Bulgaria Reach EUR 75.5M in July 2014
Remittances - money sent by Bulgarian migrants to family members back home reached EUR 75.5M in July 2014.
For comparison, the amount of foreign investments in Bulgaria for the same month was EUR 74M. A similar trend was observed in June. Then, Bulgarians abroad sent home some EUR 75.1M while investments were about EUR 61.6M, the preliminary data released by Bulgaria's National Bank shows.
For the first seven months of the year remittances came up to EUR 519.9M. The highest amount was recorded in May - EUR 85.2M. The worst month was January, when migrants sent home some EUR 62.8M, Darik news informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Trump: I will be Arrested on Tuesday! Go out to Protest!
- » Despite the High Prices of Eggs in Bulgaria - They are Still the Cheapest in the EU
- » TME catalogue now includes Murata and Murata Power Solutions Products