400 Doctors Left Bulgaria to Work Overseas since January
A total of 400 doctors have left Bulgaria to work abroad since the beginning of 2014, according to Dimitar Lenkov from the Bulgarian Medical Association.
Lenkov, as cited by Sega daily, explained that overseas employment certificates had been issued to 600 doctors in 2013.
He said that the top destination for Bulgarian doctors was Germany, which offered substantially higher salaries and attractive conditions for specializations, followed by the United Kingdom and France.
Lenkov pointed out that general practitioners earned some GBP 60 000 – 70 000 a year in the UK, while a Bulgarian counterpart with 2000 patients on their list received slightly over BGN 2000, after deducing costs for rent, supplies and a nurse.
He said that Saudi Arabia had also expressed great interest in hiring Bulgarian doctors due to their good training and language skills.
Lenkov informed that the starting salary for doctors in the United Arab Emirates was EUR 9200.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Timing Matters: 10-Hour Eating Window Enhances Mood and Hunger, Study Finds
- » Sexual Transmission Dominates New HIV Cases in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 147 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 184 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Study: Radiation Therapy Shows Promise in Treating Heart Failure
- » Newborns Recognize Beats in Music, Suggesting Innate Musical Ability