Workers at Burgas-Based Mine Stage Protest over Unpaid Salaries
Workers at Mina Cherno More Burgas EAD (Cherno More Mine EAD) staged a 1-hour protest on Tuesday over unpaid salaries for the months of July and August.
Workers at the mine had threatened to stage an underground protest unless their demands are met within three days, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Rostislav Radukov, Chair of the miners' trade union at the "Podkrepa" Labor Confederation, explained Tuesday that the protest targeted Bulgaria's state-owned National Electric Company (NEK), which was not making payments to a thermal power plant (TPP), thereby rendering the TPP unable to transfer money to the mine, which was forced to leave its workers without salaries.
He said that the first stage of the protest would include going underground with a one-hour delay for each shift, with the next demonstration on Tuesday expected at 16:00 EEST.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: One of our Reactors is expected to use a different Nuclear Fuel than the Russian one
- » Bulgaria: Petrol and Diesel Prices are still Rising
- » Bulgaria: Higher Electricity Prices from Today
- » Bulgaria: Since when will 25 Cents be Deducted from the Price of Fuel
- » From Today: Bulgaria to begin Receiving Full Quantities of Gas under the Contract with Azerbaijan
- » The West is considering Price Caps on Russian Oil and Gas