Ukraine Crisis is Risk for European Security – Bulgaria's Defense Min
The situation in Ukraine poses a significant risk to the European security, Bulgarian caretaker Defense Minister Velizar Shalamanov said, Monday.
According to him, anyone who is somehow destabilizing the institutions in Bulgaria, poses a risk to the country and the crisis in Ukraine is such a risk factor, Darik news reports.
The greatest guarantee for Bulgaria's security is the country's NATO membership and the Washington Treaty. The Defense Ministry will take all possible measures to guarantee that the army is ready to defend the country, minister Shalamanov added.
Mayor of Plovdiv Ivan Totev submitted a request to the Ministry of Defense to transfer military property that is no longer used to the municipality. These are important for the city and for the ministry, as well, because in the future the headquarters of the European multinational forces may be located there again, said Velizar Shalamanov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Defense Committee Greenlights Transfer of Anti-Aircraft Missiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria Greenlights Initial Funds for Stryker Armored Vehicles Amid Presidential Veto Rejection
- » Bulgarian Border Police Thwarted Over 193,000 Illegal Entry Attempts in 2023
- » Strategic Overhaul: Bulgaria Outlines 13 Defense Modernization Goals
- » Bulgarian Parliament Ratified Acquisition of Stryker Combat Vehicles for Land Forces
- » US Report Reveals Terrorists Exploiting Bulgarian Networks for Trafficking