Nikolai Kobliakov Released on Recognizance
Sofia City Court has released Russian-French businessman and activist Nikolai Kobliakov on recognizance.
Kobliakov was detained at the Sofia airport in end-July, after landing there from Paris.
He was freed from custody in a few days' time and was placed under house arrest a month later, on September 1.
Bulgarian magistrates now explained his criminal record within the period he had spent in the country was "immaculate" and it was rather unlikely that he would seek to foil the extradition requested by Russia in case the procedure is allowed by court.
Moscow authorities have demanded the extradition of Kobliakov, who is facing a trial in Russia over allegedly being part of a millions-worth scam with receivables of a French company.
Last week Kobliakov sought political asylum in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia