Bulgarian Health Insurance Fund Chief Backs New Budget Update by BGN 117 M
Bulgarian hospitals will get BGN 120 M for their activities in September and October, according to Kiril Ananiev, Chair of the Supervisory Board of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF).
Ananiev informed Monday that no decision had yet been taken on a new budget update of the NHIF by BGN 117 M in addition to the budget update adopted in end-July, when the NHIF was allocated an extra sum of BGN 225 M.
He expressed his firm support for a second budget update at the NHIF.
Ananiev, as cited by Darik radio, explained, however, that the financial resources to cover extra-limit activities of the NHIF would run out in end-September.
He suggested that the NHIF would run short of funding for pharmaceuticals used outside hospitals, adding that the institution had decided to use its reserves to pay for this type of medicine.
He noted, however, that the actual transfer of funding could only be carried out when the money earmarked for the segment was depleted.
Ananiev said that a total of BGN 145 M was currently available for home care, adding that monthly expenditure for home therapy stood at BGN 50 M.
He also informed that the NHIF reserve amounted to BGN 56 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 18 Infected in a Tailoring Company in Krichim
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 165 Newly Registered Cases on July 2, 5154 Total
- » COVID-19 Update: 158 Newly Registered Cases in Bulgaria on July 1, Total: 4989
- » New "Animal" Virus Discovered in China
- » COVID-19 in Germany: Lockdown in Hard-Hit District
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 140 Newly Registered Cases on June 30, 4831 Total