Kristalina Georgieva 'to Be Budget Commissioner'
Bulgaria's Kristalina Georgieva is likely to get the budget portfolio at the EU Commission later this week, EU sources say.
She might also become one of the Commission's Vice Presidents.
Reports of the Bulgarian National Radio, citing the sources, come following previous information obtained by the website EurActiv Georgieva is rather tipped to become the Commissioner in charge of taxation.
Other sources also argued last week she would have to handle budget affairs.
The office to be assumed by Georgieva, who was a strong contender to named next foreign policy chief in end-August, will be made public this week as EU Commission President-elect Jean Claude Juncker is to unveil his team which is to take over at the union's executive body.
Georgieva was the EU Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response within the outgoing Commission.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria