Bulgaria Celebrates 129-th Anniversary Of Its Unification
On Saturday, September 6, Bulgaria celebrates the 129-th anniversary of the unification of Principality of Bulgaria and the then-Ottoman province of Eastern Rumelia in the autumn of 1885.
It was co-ordinated by the Bulgarian Secret Central Revolutionary Committee (BSCRC). The Unification was accomplished after revolts in Eastern Rumelian towns, followed by a coup on 18 September (old-style 6 September) 1885 supported by the Bulgarian Knyaz Alexander I.
Traditionally, the largest celebrations will take place in the city of Plovdiv, the then main city of the Eastern Rumelia province, where the Unification was declared.
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev, caretaker PM Georgi Bliznashki and other representative of the local and executive powers, will attend the traditional parade and fireworks event at the central Saedinenie (Unification) square in Plovdiv.
The Sofia Military Museum will unveil a new exhibition, entitled “Sofia – the Capital of Unified Bulgaria” and the entrance to all exhibitions will be free.
Cities and towns across Bulgaria will mark the anniversary with various events, parades and ceremonies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is in the Top 50 Most Visited Countries in Google Street View in 2021
- » 1/3 of the Signals for Dangerous Foods in the EU are from Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Author is Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature
- » Bulgaria: By the End of May 7,000 Ukrainian Refugees will be Moved from Varna to other Cities
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia