State of Emergency Declared In Berkovitsa
State of emergency was declared in Bulgaria's north western town of Berkovitsa Thursday night, after torrential rains flooded part of the town, reports Nova TV.
According to the TV channel, the rain caused a tidal wave, which flooded several streets and a town square.
The Berkovska river, which flows through the town, has flooded private and public buildings.
“The situation is indeed disastrous”, the mayor of Berkovitsa Dimitrinka Kamenova told Nova TV. “In some parts of town the electricity has been cut off, there are evacuated people. Fortunately, no-one was injured.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Driver who Killed Two Women and Escaped has been Arrested, He was on Drugs
- » Bulgaria: 45 Montenegrin Football Fans Detained after they Robbed a Gas Station
- » 2 Women Aged 22 and 26 Killed in Sofia. The Driver Fled (UPDATED)
- » A 19-year-old Boy was Found Dead in the yard of the School in a Bulgarian Village
- » Bulgaria: Poor Roads and Lack of Control are the Main Reasons for the Large Number of Accidents
- » Turkey: Huge Forest Fire in Marmaris