Prostitution, Drugs To Be Included In Bulgaria's GDP
Bulgaria's National Statistics Institute (NSI) will start calculating the country's GDP by a new method – European System Of Accounts 2010, reports Dnevnik.bg.
“The method includes data for “hidden economy” such as prostitution and narcotics trade”, said the head of the Macroeconomic statistics department of NSI Elka Atanasova at a news conference.
The introduction of the European System Of Accounts 2010 was announced in June.
According to Atanasova, NSI will not be doing statistical surveys of drugs and prostitution, but will use information from official reports.
She said several EU countries have already introduced the new methodology and the nominal change of GDP value was between 2 and 6%. According to her, however, it will not change the GDP growth rate, compared to previous periods.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Business Community: Vaccines Should Be Available on Commercial Market
- » European Commission Comes Out With Additional Restriction for International Travellers
- » Bulgarian Business Community: We Want to Work Not to Receive Aid
- » World Economy: Foreign Direct Investments Slumped by 42 Percent in 2020
- » Bulgarian Sales Industry: Stores to Be Opened Immediately to Avoid Total Collapse
- » Tens of Thousands Protest in Russia Demanding Navalny's Release, over 2000 Arrested