Bulgaria's Dimitrov Fails to Advance to US Open Quarterfinals
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov failed to make it to the US Open quarter-finals after losing to France's Ga?l Monfils 5:7, 6:7 (6), 5:7.
Bulgaria's star tennis player, seeded 7th, was defeated by the Frenchman, seeded 20th, in a match of 2 hours and 24 minutes, according to reports of the BBC News.
Dimitrov failed to avenge a first round US Open defeat to Monfils in 2011.
In April 2014, Dimitrov played Monfils in the semi-finals of Bucharest when the Frenchnman retired because of injury and Dimitrov won the tournament title ultimately.
Monfils moves on to play Switzerland's second-seeded Roger Federer.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?
- » Team Bulgaria will take 13 Athletes to the MMA World Championship in Serbia