Bulgarian Energy Holding, CEZ, to Discuss Varna TPP Life Extension
The Bulgarian Energy Holding (BEH) and power distributor CEZ have signed a memorandum of cooperation on searching technical and economic solutions to extend the life of the Varna Thermal Power Plant.
A working group has been formed for the purpose and it is to function by October 31.
Petr Dokladal, Regional Manager at CEZ Bulgaria, has assured that everything possible is being done to find an efficient solution to keep the Varna TPP operational.
According to a media statement of CEZ Bulgaria, the Varna TPP used to provide 60% of the cold reserve of Bulgaria’s energy system with three of its 210-MW units and its availability tariff was the lowest in the country.
However, rules were changed in 2013, which created uncertainty about the quantities provided for the cold reserve and thwarted opportunities for long-term planning, according to the power distributor.
According to CEZ Bulgaria, the Varna TPP closed 2013 at a loss of BGN 67.6 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » All Hydro- and Thermal Power Plant in Bulgaria Activated to Compensate for Turned off Reactor of Kozloduy NPP
- » Bulgaria: Minor Incident in Kozloduy NPP, Unit 5 Temporarily Closed
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Bulgaria’s PM Met with CEO of Kozloduy NPP, Equipment Purchased for Belene Will Be Used for Units 5,6 of Kozloduy
- » Sad Anniversary: Bulgaria’s Energy System Collapsed on Friday 13th 1978
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced Nearly 11 Percent of the Electricity in Bulgaria for 2020